4/22/2011

It had been a totally new experience for me and Jeff for these few weeks..I will call this heavy duty on the job training! From trying to get bb to latch on, to figuring out how to use the bottles (Yes, no one told me you even had to learn to position the bottles at an angle for bb to suck properly!!), from working out how much to feed bb..and the list goes on..

I dont know how i can still survive with intermittent sleep time..Daryl wakes up almost every 3 hours for feeds..and sometimes it goes on more than that, he will cry for milk, feed him, change nappy, refuses to be put down and finally after carrying him for an hour, he falls asleep, then its time for me to express milk..after everything is over, i realise its an hour to his next feed!!

Am still adapting to all these challenges and i was definitely feeling the blues for the first couple of weeks, cried alot too..Am still feeling down at times now esp with my very inadequate milk production and esp when i hear friends around me doing total breast feeding or able to produce enough milk for their bb at each feed even with expressing..I know its silly to compare but somehow i feel so guilty for not being able to provide for my bb..

Another first time for me is to undergo the op, or rather the c-section. We had opted for bb to be out on the 5th April after consulting Stephen and before that, i was so worried that Daryl might decide to surprise us with an earlier labour, thank gdness he didnt but strange enough,i felt contractions the night before i went for the c! They were not the usual Braxton Hicks but they were painful and they came at regular intervals..

Experience at the operating theatre was scary!! The numbness waist down felt queer too..but given a choice, i would still have opted for the same..It was such a great relief when i first saw bb..Cos at least i didnt have to wait till i was awake to see him..Am glad hubby was with me throughout the entire op, would have felt so alone and helpless..

Next stage, is to get back in shape too! Hopefully i can start on my massage next week without my wound hurting too much..

Till then, will blog again when Daryl allows me to..

No comments: